Clear Nairobi's garbage mess
| Jun 4th 2021 | 1 min read
Since he came onto the scene, NMS director-general Mohamed Badi has done a good job. Nairobi has witnessed enviable transformation under him, such as paving of footpaths, drilling of boreholes to alleviate water shortage and construction of more health centres.
However, he seems to have neglected an important function; garbage collection. Heaps of garbage lie uncollected in the outskirts of the CBD and in the city’s residential areas.
Besides being an eyesore, the smelly garbage can trigger a disease outbreak. The Major General should train his guns on this problem
Unease at Port of Mombasa as Swiss firm secures terminal nod
- Insurers push innovative ideas to grow uptake among millenials
- Is China Kenya's largest creditor? No way! 'debt trap' claim is misleading
- A road trip from Nairobi to Kilifi
TRAVEL & DESTINATION
- Uhuru tells Saccos to invest in State projects
- Stop overdependence on maize meals, Munya tells Kenyans
By Fred Kagonye