'Heartbreaking': Twins die in Kiandutu slum fire
By Fidelis Kabunyi
| Apr 1st 2022 | 1 min read
Twins aged four died in a house fire Thursday morning in Kiandutu slums, Thika.
Neighbours said the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Agnes Wambui, the grandmother of the twins, escaped from the burning house but suffered minor burns.
Thika West Sub-county Commander Daniel Kinyua said the incident is being investigated.
The bodies of the two boys were found in the bedroom.
Wambui said she could not rescue the boys since the blaze was too intense.
The mother of the two boys, a casual labourer, is said to have been away at the time of the incident.
"It is painful that the fire department took long to arrive. As if that wasn’t enough, there was no water on our taps,” said Ester Wanjiku, a witness.
Kenya Kwanza queries state deal with foreign firm on three ports
- Ukraine war sees importers default on loan payments
- Comesa watchdog probes Toyota over trade practices
- HFC partners with Britam in new education insurance plan
- Poll body ordered to include running mates photos on ballot papers
- Investors take up 80pc of Konza city's phase one land for development