Zuckerberg, Bezos, other tech CEOs testify on competition
By AFP | July 27th 2020
Four big tech chief executive — Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos (pictured), Google’s Sundar Pichai and Apple’s Tim Cook — will answer for their companies’ practices before US Congress at a hearing Wednesday by the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust.
The panel has conducted an investigation into the tech giants’ market dominance and their effect on consumers.
UK firm finalises acquisition of Kenyan insurer
- Bank profits surge to Sh60b in 4 months on economic rebound
- Firms to snub Kenya for not reducing emissions
- Tourist numbers edge up after record 2020 slump
- When boots and batons were met with twangs, cards and stethoscopes
By Peter Kimani
- Regent to manage Pangani low-cost housing project
By Peter Theuri