Coronavirus: TikTok deletes 29,000 rule-breaking videos
By BBC | July 19th 2020
TikTok says it has deleted about 29,000 coronavirus-related videos that broke its rules in Europe alone since the beginning of 2020.
The video-sharing app says it does not allow misinformation that could harm an individual’s health or public safety.
It said about 3,000 of them contained medical misinformation and described the numbers as “low-level”.
The number of coronavirus-themed videos breaking the rules has fallen every month, since a peak in March, it said.
Chimphondah: The man putting Shelter Afrique’s house in order
- Gideon and ICT committee laud Konza City's project progress
- Court bars CBK's migration of banks to foreign payment firm
- Forex reserves drop by Sh27b after debt repayment to China
- KQ gets nod to evict rival airline 748 from JKIA property
- Retracing the rise of Nairobi bourse from colonial-era free fall