Ethiopian Airlines to build new Sh505b airport
By Reuters | January 17th 2020
Ethiopian Airlines will start constructing a new $5 billion (Sh505 billion) airport later this year, its chief executive officer was quoted as saying yesterday, as the rapidly-expanding carrier outgrows capacity at its current base in Addis Ababa.
The airport, which will cover an area of 35 square kilometres, will be built in Bishoftu, a town 39km south-east of the capital, and have the capacity to handle 100 million passengers a year, the state-run Ethiopian News Agency quoted Tewolde Gebremariam (pictured) as saying.
More pain for consumers as Epra raises electricity charges
- Relief for motorists as fuel prices reduce
- Kenya Industrial Estates pledges support for enterprises
- MPs give Treasury six months to table debt cut proposals
- Slight reprieve at the pump as State slashes fuel prices by Sh5
- Inside State's mega plan to revamp small lake ports
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS