Airtel Africa appoints global banks for Initial Public Offering
By Reuters and Valentine Kondo | November 26th 2018
Airtel Africa, a unit of Indian telecom operator Bharti Airtel Ltd, said on Monday it had appointed eight banks for an intended initial public offering (IPO) on an international stock exchange.
The telecom company is set to issue its shares to the appointed retail and institutional investors.
The company has appointed JP Morgan, Citigroup Inc, BofA Merrill Lynch, Absa Group Limited, Barclays Bank PLC, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs International and Standard Bank Group Ltd.
EU plans one mobile charging port for all, in setback for Apple
SCI & TECH
- Empty plates as maize prices rise 80pc in drought-hit regions
- Islands where smuggling insulates Kenyans from inflation
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Matatus in Nairobi to pay more in seasonal ticket fees from Saturday
- What it takes to own a decent house at minimal cost and time
- MPs reject Treasury’s plan for new fund to repay costly loans