Google admits change in settings
By BBC | September 18th 2018
Google has apologised after Android phone users noticed that the battery saver setting was remotely activated last week without their consent.
The battery saver affects how often apps update and work in the background.
The firm took to discussion website Reddit to explain that it was conducting an internal test that was “mistakenly” rolled out more widely.
The affected devices appeared to be running the Android Pie operating system.
Battery Saver can also delay notifications and stop location services when the device is not in use, in order to preserve power.
President Uhuru Kenyatta: How I plan to reduce fuel prices
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- CBK will not cap interest rates charged by digital lenders
- Bank shareholders primed for bumper dividend payouts
- Banks’ hand in fall of shilling as market starved of the dollar
- Understanding the hiring process
By Tony Mutugi
- Farmers want State to revise maize prices