Involve State in CSR to boost economy, firms told
By Gardy Chacha | May 23rd 2016
Corporates should work in partnership with the Government for meaningful progress to be achieved in the country.
This was the verdict passed last week at a meeting between corporate bosses and Government officials to discuss how private sector projects can achieve maximum impact.
“Neither the Government, corporates nor civil society organisations can address the challenges of equitable, sustainable development on their own. We need all hands on deck to achieve transformational impact in Kenya,” said Gabriel Negatu, the regional director for the African Development Bank in East Africa.
Mr Negatu, who was a key speaker, added that Kenya was lucky to have a robust private sector, a development-focused Government and a vibrant civil society, and if the three worked together, the country would quickly attain the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Confirmed! No more drab M-Pesa messages
By Peter Theuri
- Big win for estranged Simba Corp billionaire’s heir at last
- Engineers push on with price fixing despite CAK warning
- Flower farms face turbulence as more companies close down
- Making decent work a reality for everyone
- Kenya's brand value up by 8pc in one year on UK trade deal