Involve State in CSR to boost economy, firms told
By Gardy Chacha | May 23rd 2016
Corporates should work in partnership with the Government for meaningful progress to be achieved in the country.
This was the verdict passed last week at a meeting between corporate bosses and Government officials to discuss how private sector projects can achieve maximum impact.
“Neither the Government, corporates nor civil society organisations can address the challenges of equitable, sustainable development on their own. We need all hands on deck to achieve transformational impact in Kenya,” said Gabriel Negatu, the regional director for the African Development Bank in East Africa.
Mr Negatu, who was a key speaker, added that Kenya was lucky to have a robust private sector, a development-focused Government and a vibrant civil society, and if the three worked together, the country would quickly attain the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Job search tips after your business fails
- No end in sight to high power bills
- Traditional vegetables gave me a fresh start in business
- Facebook to rebrand with new name
- Central Bank releases over Sh55b to rescue struggling local lenders
- Why cement makers shun local clinker for expensive imports