KQ amends night flights to Kigali over runway closure
By Yvonne Mutisya
| Feb 8th 2016 | 1 min read
Kenya Airways has rescheduled its night flights to Kigali, Rwanda, following the closure of the city’s runway for repairs.
A statement from the national carrier said the change takes effect immediately. Authorities in Rwanda announced the closure of the Kigali runway daily from 2pm to 7am until March 31.
Kenya Airways will now operate flight KQ478 to Kigali and return via Entebbe, Uganda. The flight will leave the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 12.25am local time, and arrive in Kigali at 12.50am Rwanda time.
“The same flight will depart Kigali at 1.40am local time (Rwanda) and arrive in Entebbe at 3.30am local time (Uganda) before departing for Nairobi at 4.45am local time to arrive at 6.00am,” read the statement.
The airline’s day flights to Kigali will remain on schedule.
— Yvonne Mutisya
Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months
- Banks warn of more expensive loans as inflation climbs sharply
- Marketers seek to deepen sector's capacity as the society turns 60
By Ishaq Jumbe
- Magoha sued for failure to name quality control team
- Regulator recovers over Sh38m from rogue insurers
- Safaricom loses over 400,000 users in SIM registration drive