KAA woos counties to use Eldoret Airport
By Cynthia Ronoh and Silas Lelit | October 31st 2015
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) has launched an ambitious campaign to woo county governments to utilise the Eldoret International Airport. Yesterday, KAA chairman David Kimaiyo said the airport is crucial to the county's economy.
"We are working closely with the county governments to ensure they export their horticultural produce through the airport," he said. Speaking at the Uasin Gishu County Assembly, said the steady growth of four and five-star hotels in the region would boost trade. Uasin Gishu Governor Jackson Mandago warned those plotting to encroach on the airport land.
SGR hauls increased cargo between Mombasa port and Nairobi
- High cost of living: Residents decry cost of food prices
- Why 'selfnomics' sounds better than Railanomics, Rutonomics
By XN Iraki
- End of an era as KPC decommissions Kenya’s oldest pipeline
- City land owners to start paying higher rates in January
- Flagging shilling adds Sh1.1b to Safaricom’s debt servicing load