East African cable appoints former Safaricom employee as new CEO
By Standard Reporter | September 28th 2015
Nairobi, Kenya: The Board of East African Cables has appointed Peter Arina as the new Chief Executive Officer succeeding George Mwangi, who is set to leave the company by Wednesday.
Arina previously worked with Safaricom where his last two assignments were as Chief Commercial Officer and General Manager, Consumer Business.
At Safaricom he was responsible for the Company Consumer Business principally voice, messaging and mobile data.
“The Board is confident that with this appointment, the company has both the leadership and staff to build on existing strengths and develop in new directions that will ensure future sustainability and growth,” said the Chairman.
Farmers suffer as food imports dominate Kenyan dinner tables
- Why China-US rivalry is not about to end
By XN Iraki
- VAT exemption on exported services not good proposal
- Kenyans to pay higher bills for electricity
- EABL hikes prices of popular brands but Keg lovers spared
MONEY & MARKET
- Readjusting your spending habits to get through the pandemic
By Paul Kariuki