Taxman targets 20,000 more landlords
By Mwaghesha Mkala | July 9th 2015
The Kenya Revenue Authority is targeting 20,000 individual landlords to raise Sh3 billion in the 2015/2016 financial year. KRA Commissioner General John Njiraini says the taxman has obtained data that will help track down the landlords.
“Having got data on landlords in all the major towns where the property market is doing well, it is our hope that we will be able to increase the tax on rental income by another Sh3 billion in the 2015/2016 financial year,” he said.
Currently, the authority has roped in 20,000 landlords in the tax bracket and plans to use data collected from across the country to rope in 20,000 more.
When numbers lie: Why Ethiopia economy never toppled Kenya's
- Savannah Cement to raise Sh40b on London bourse for clinker plant
- Jittery Kenyans stashed Sh800b in dollars to protect their wealth
- From sales lady to car yard owner
- The problem with Kenya’s clean energy push
- Trade Bank caused 'Tax Czar' emotional pain, ulcers