Court dismisses application to halt recruitment of NSSF CEO
By Ayaga | November 8th 2013
NAIROBI, KENYA: Industrial court has dismissed an application by former NSSF managing trustee Tom Odongo seeking to halt recruitment of new CEO.
Justice Nzioki wa Makau in his ruling said that it will not be in public interest to halt the recruitment as such an action will interfere with the smooth running of the fund.
Odongo had to court to challenge his dismissal arguing that the termination of his contract violated employment act. He claims that he was cautioned regarding termination of his employment.
The court however ruled that Odongo will not be prejudiced even if recruitment of new CEO went on
“He can re-engage if the court finds that he was wrongfully dismissed,” the judge said.
Why cement makers shun local clinker for expensive imports
- EPZ firms hire 7,400 new staff on rising exports
- Gambling alive and well amid Covid-19 ravages
By Peter Theuri
- Failed Airtel Kenya and Telkom merger leaves telcos limping
- Counties splashed Sh12.3b on travel during lockdown
- How to find the best work-life balance for self