Queries are dogging a Sh152.3 million water project meant to cushion hundreds of households from drought.
Kiingirwa Irrigation Water Project was initiated by community members from Athwana, Tigania West Sub-county in the 1990s before the government decided to fund it in 2016.
Locals got a reprieve after the government pumped in Sh152.3million to the project.
The aim of the project was to boost food production through irrigation in arid parts of the three locations in Akithi Division. CS Eugene Wamalwa had officiated its launch.
However, despite the funding no single household has got a drop of water from the project.
- 1 Omtatah: Judiciary is not to blame
- 2 Denying ministry funds to complete housing projects wrong
- 3 Shame of stalled multi-billion shilling projects
- 4 Omtatah: Judiciary is not to blame
- 5 Denying ministry funds to complete housing projects wrong
- 6 Shame of stalled multi-billion shilling projects
A spot check by Saturday Standard revealed that the project could not have even been 30 per cent complete.