Transport CS Macharia inspects construction of Mombasa-Mariakani road
By Standard Reporter | November 22nd 2018
NAIROBI, KENYA: Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia on Tuesday inspected the ongoing construction of the Lot 1 of the Mombasa-Mariakani road.
The Government of Kenya, through the Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) plans the rehabilitation and expansion of 41.7 km road between Mombasa and Mariakani which forms part of the Northern Road Corridor.
The road plays a major role in connecting Port of Mombasa directly to the landlocked countries of Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and forms an essential connection to South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo and parts of northern Tanzania.
Sonko: Man who lived in a glass house and dared to throw stones
- Mother of two pleads guilty of killing husband
- Mwananchi Credit goes after Waititu's vehicles
- Prof Patricia Kameri: Having a woman CJ should not be problematic
By Betty Njeru
- The fathers built River Road, their sons built Upper Hill
- Mike Sonko: Son of strict mother who enjoyed being with people
By Benard Sanga