Hype Ballo charged with murder of Kabete DCI officer

By Fidelis Kabunyi | Apr 23, 2024
Allan Ochieng who alongside six other people was arraigned at a Milimani court on March 25, 2024, on the allegations of murdering the deputy DCIO of Kabete. [Collins Kweyu, Standard]

Popular entertainer Allan Ochieng alias Hype Ballo was on Monday charged before Kiambu Law Courts with the murder of a Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) officer.

The late Felix Kelian Kintosi, was attached to the DCI, Dagoretti at the Kabete Police Station.

Ochieng who appeared before Lady Justice Dorah Chepkwony denied the charges.

According to the charge sheet he was accused that on March 16, 2024, along Kikuyu Road, Kikuyu Township, Kikuyu sub-county, Kiambu county, he allegedly murdered Felix Kelian Kintosi.

However, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) through prosecution counsel Jenifer Ndeda applied for his detention pending the completion of a social inquiry report by probation.

The court granted the prosecution's request.

The court also allowed the prosecution's application to have the accused remanded for seven more days at Nairobi Remand Prison.

Ochieng had been arrested alongside six others, including Dj Joe Mfalme, in connection with the murder of Kintosi.

However, the DPP issued a letter dated April 5, 2024, advising that, Joseph Mwenda Munoru (DJ Joe Mfalme), Eric Kariuki Gathua, Simon Wambugu Wanjiru, Khadija Abdi Wako, Sammy Cheruyot Rotich and Agnes Kerubo Mogoi were converted to prosecution witnesses.

The investigating officer said preliminary investigations revealed that the deceased was involved in a minor car accident while driving his Subaru, near Kikuyu Police Station on March 16.

Wako, a traffic police visited the scene and found the deceased being beaten.

He was then frog-matched to Kikuyu Police Station, as he complained of abdominal pain and was passing blood while urinating.

Kintosi was later released but, on his way, home, his situation worsened and he was rushed to Nairobi West Hospital where he was admitted with lower abdominal pain. He died on March 21.

It’s alleged that there were deliberate attempts to cover up the incident until the officer passed on while undergoing treatment.

The deceased's family who suspected a cover up requested for a second autopsy after they disputed the first test done by a government pathologist after it showed that he had an underlying condition that could have caused his demise.

A second post-mortem carried out by a police pathologist revealed that he died of sudden cardiovascular collapse and blunt abdominal trauma.

The final test showed that the officer died of blunt abdominal trauma and traumatic injury to the bladder.

The Judge fixed hearing of bail application on May 2.

Share this story