BuyRentKenya.com now part of One Africa Media
| May 13, 2014
Kenya’s largest property website BuyRentKenya.com has secured an investment from African classifieds giant One Africa Media (OAM) as it seeks to reach more customers. OAM operates Internet classifieds businesses in cars, jobs, travel and property, including Cheki and Brighter Monday in Kenya.
BuyRentKenya.com will utilise the majority of OAM’s investment to consolidate its position as the most visited real estate website in Kenya and extend its market reach to more consumers with further product development. Jamie Pujara, the chief executive and co-founder of BuyRentKenya.com, says that the investment represents a “strategic opportunity to benefit from OAM’s experience and know-how in the online classifieds business”. “Their track record in Africa is second to none,” said Pujara.
- Parliament wants Sh6b Uhuru maize subsidy scheme probed
- How fading boda boda boom is spawning bloodshed in villages
- Fintech wave: Internet access spurs Kenya digital innovation
- State beats hasty retreat on efforts to tax farmers after protests
- Government borrows Sh223.5 billion in five months
Parliament wants Sh6b Uhuru maize subsidy scheme probed
BUSINESSBy Josphat Thiong’o