Fire guts dormitory at Machakos Boys High School

Property has been destroyed after a fire gutted down a Form One dormitory in Machakos Boys High School this evening.

According to the county director of emergency services, David Mwongela, the dormitory caught fire at around 6pm, minutes after a heavy downpour in the region.

"The fire was fierce and it consumed mattresses, beddings and other personal belongings of the students,” he told Standard Digital on phone.

He added that fire fighters arrived within minutes and contained the inferno.

He went on; "We highly suspect the fire might have been caused by electric fault. A joint team of investigators will however be dispatched to the school tomorrow (Monday) morning to carry out a through probe."

No student was injured in the incident.

For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.

Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.

Machakos Boys High SchoolSchool fireMachakos Boys