A number of Kenyan leaders are set to be feted today during the Jamhuri Day celebrations by the Head of State.
In a gazette notice, President Uhuru Kenyatta said the individuals will be recognised for their distinguished and outstanding services rendered to the nation in various capacities and responsibilities.
Some of the leaders such as Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho and Suba South MP John Mbadi, who were earlier his critics before the historic Uhuru-Raila Odinga handshake will also be recognised.
The leaders include;
The Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart (EGH) (Second class)
1. Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho
2. Suba South MP John Mbadi
3. Embu Governor Wambora Martin
4. Narok Governor Tunai Samuel
5. Siaya Governor Cornel Rasanga
6. Turkana Governor Nanok Josphat Koli
7. Elgeyo Marakwet Governor Alex Tolgos
8. Uasin Ngishu Governor Jackson Mandago
9. Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua
10. Bomet Governor Laboso Joyce
11. Kirinyaga Governor Waiguru Anne
The Director of Public Prosecution Noordin Haji and Director of Criminal Investigations George Kinoti will be awarded The Order of the Burning Spear (CBS) (The First Class). The two have been on the forefront in the fight against corruption leading to the arrests of politicians and senior executives in parastatal accused of misappropriating public funds.
Others who will be recognised include; Baringo Senator Gideon Moi, Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja, ODM Nominated Senator Agnes Zani and Kiminini MP Chris Wamalwa.
Register to advertise your products & services on our classifieds website Digger.co.ke and enjoy one month subscription free of charge and 3 free ads on the Standard newspaper.