Next Story
You are here  » Home   » Nyanza

Boy burns to death in mother's house

By James Omoro | Published Wed, May 16th 2018 at 00:00, Updated May 16th 2018 at 00:00 GMT +3
[Photo: Courtesy]

A five-year-old boy burnt to death at their house in Nduga Village, Suba North sub-county.

Richard Ogongo, a pupil at Bedie ECDE center, remained alone in their house yesterday when his mother went to wash clothes at a nearby pond.

He did not go to school due to ill health. Area Chief Daniel Obure said a neighbour saw the fire and raised alarm, “but locals tried to save the child unsuccessfully”.

His mother said there had been no fire in the house, but there was a matchbox and a gas cooker, which the boy might have attempted to light.


Would you like to get published on Standard Media websites? You can now email us breaking news, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected]