Gang fires several bullets into motorist’s car on Thika Road
NAIROBI | By Kamore Maina | June 22nd 2021
A motorist was on Tuesday evening rushed to hospital in critical condition after a three-man gang sprayed his vehicle with bullets in Juja, Kiambu County.
The lone occupant of a private Subaru Forester was diverting to Kenyatta Road, off the Thika Superhighway at 4pm, when the gang opened fire.
The suspects were tracking the motorist on a motorcycle, police said.
Juja Directorate of Criminal Investigations Officer (DCIO) Richard Mwaura told The Standard that the attackers sped off after suspecting they had killed their target.
“For now, we are yet to know the motive of the shooting, the victim’s identity or occupation,” Mwaura told The Standard on phone.
Police say the exact number of bullets fired into the car was not immediately known, though they can confirm that “they were several”.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession