By Erick Ochieng’
The Kenya Netball Federation (KNF) under-21 team are yet to get to camp ahead of the African Youth Championship in Namibia due in two weeks.
KNF Secretary General, Lilian Anupi, said the federation lacks funds to put the team in a residential training a head of the event.
"We are unable to prepare the under-21 Youth Netball Teams. We can’t put them in the camp because we have no money. We have requested the Ministry of Youth and Sports but we are yet to receive any response," Anupi said.
She said the federation is still wallowing in debt incurred during the African Zone Five Championship in Nairobi last month where the junior teams qualified for the continental championship in Namibia on November 25.
READ MORE
Title-hungry Leopards seek to bounce back to winning ways
Absentee governors have betrayed our devolution dream
Appetite: In spite of tax dip, State House blew Sh3B more than planned
Family's agony as son's future is shattered on Russian battlefield
Anupi said the Government failed to honour the federation’s Sh6.5m annual budget.