Bournemouth's Lerma hit with six-game ban for alleged bite
FOOTBALL | By Reuters | June 3rd 2021
England's Football Association (FA) has suspended Bournemouth midfielder Jefferson Lerma for six matches after he was charged with biting an opponent in their 1-0 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday in November.
Lerma was accused of biting Wednesday midfielder Josh Windass in the 83rd minute of the Championship match on Nov. 3.
The 26-year-old, who denied a charge of violent conduct, was also fined 40,000 pounds ($56,660.00) for the incident.
"An independent Regulatory Commission found the breach of FA Rule E3 proven after considering evidence during a hearing," the FA said in a statement
Cate Waruguru: Be assured that I'll still be an MP in the next Parliament
By Betty Njeru
- An indecent proposal and a public rebuff
By Peter Kimani
- Serial shop lifter caught stealing maize flour again
- Two bright sisters fail to join Form One over lack of fees
By Marion Kithi
- Top KCPE triplets stranded as half term break nears
- Mudavadi: ICT ministry, CA have conspired to rig Raila in
By Brian Okoth