Filipe Luis to leave Stamford Bridge as Blues line-up £15m-rated Augsburg left back Baba Rahman
FOOTBALL | By Mirror | July 21st 2015
Chelsea are set to move for Ausburg left-back Abdul Baba Rahman this week after finally agreeing to sell Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid.
The Champions have been keen to finalise Luis’s departure before going for 21-year-old Rahman with the speedy Ghana international keen on a move to Stamford Bridge.
It is understood Atletico have paid £11million for Luis rising to £15million. The Brazil international has signed a three-year deal.
Mirror Sport revealed last month that Chelsea were wanted Rahman, who was rated the best left-back in the Bundesliga last season.
Rahman had sought assurances that he would play regularly at Stamford Bridge as Luis, 29, had made 15 appearances for the Blues after joining last summer.
But Chelsea believe Rahman has the quality to challenge Cesar Azpilicueta for the left-back slot and eventually make it his own.
Rahman has been keen to move to the Premier League and has snubbed interest from Roma
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja