Kirinyaga Senator Charles Kibiru joins the governor race
CENTRAL | By Jane Mugambi | November 25th 2021
Kirinyaga Senator Charles Kibiru has declared his interest in the governorship in next year's General Election.
Kibiru made the announcement two weeks after he was endorsed for the county's top seat by a group of elders and some businesspeople.
"After soul-searching and consultations, I have decided to give it a try," said the senator.
Others who have declared interest in the seat held by Anne Waiguru are Narc Kenya party leader Martha Karua, area Woman Representative Wangui Ngirici and former governor Joseph Ndathi.
The elders also endorsed Kibiru as the coordinator of national government projects in the county after Waiguru's defection to Deputy President's United Democratic Alliance party.
Why Uhuru will not be part of Azimio campaign trail- Murathe
- Accept polls outcome in August, Uhuru tells aspirants
By Brian Okoth
- What the design of Pension Towers symbolises.
- If Kalonzo chooses to work with Raila, I'll support him, says Andrew Sunkuli
By Mate Tongola
- Former Runyenjes MP denies links to viral post on running mate
- Ruto catches Karua by surprise as he breaks protocol
By Betty Njeru