Tanzania confirms its first coronavirus death, health minister says
By Reuters | March 31st 2020
Tanzania confirmed its first coronavirus death on Tuesday, health minister Ummy Mwalimu (pictured) said in a statement.
The 49-year-old Tanzanian male, who had pre-existing conditions, had been admitted to Mloganzila Hospital in Dar Es Salaam for treatment.
Tanzania had 19 confirmed cases of coronavirus as of Monday.
“As of Monday, March 30, the total number of patients with Covid-19 reached 19 cases, for which two more are in Zanzibar and the rest are in Tanzania mainland,” Ms Mwalimu said.
Covid 19 Time Series
Jubilee poached me – Mwaura
- China swamps Kenya with onions
- Jimi Wanjigi: Silent kingmaker joins race to succeed Uhuru
- Boy who missed KCPE composition paper to join top school
- Protests as body of missing girl dumped near state agency staff quarters
- Mistakes lock most students out of dream schools, says Magoha