|A wreckage of the matatu after the blast in Eastleigh, Nairobi. [Photo: Makori Ben]|
The blast occured after a suspect hurled an explosive into a matatu that had been parked near St Teresa Church, Eastleigh area.
The unidentified suspect was saved by the police from mob lynching.
The police had to fire to air to disperse the fighting groups.
Reports say clashes have erupted between non Somalis and Somalis.
More than 30 casualities reported at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
Next Story »
- Varsity staff to down tools today over Sh7.8b pay deal
- Nairobi city askaris to be re-trained
- Seven more people die as road crashes increase
- Big shots linked to racket in car importation
- Kambi sued over failure to appoint Cotu’s second nominee to NSSF board
- Case on fate of Alcoblow scheduled for next week