By Peter Atsiaya
A key witness to the murder of British tourist Julie Ward has died jeopardising plans for a fresh inquiry.
Valentine Ohuru Kodipo, 36, died in a hospital in Denmark, where he has lived in exile for more than 20 years.
Kodipo testified on Wardâs murder, which happened in 1988 at Masai Mara Game Reserve, before seeking refuge in Denmark due to the sensitivity of the case.
Speaking to The Standard from Denmark yesterday, his wife Eliena said her husband died on Friday at 10pm.
"Doctors said my husband died of heart failure," she said.
A new inquiry into Wardâs death was agreed on after a secret visit by John Yates, the head of Scotland Yardâs anti-terrorism squad.
Next Story »
- Slain man’s head yet to be found as killings rock Coast
- Why young Mandela stole oxen
- President Uhuru cancels visit to Kibera over security reasons
- Man-U fan commits suicide after his team lost
- Three people dead, thirteen injured in a grisly road accident
- Lukas Podolski returns from injury, as Arsenal seeks to extend 7 points lead