Families of the Kapenguria Six converge in Uyoma for the second memorial service of the late freedom fighter Ramogi Achieng Oneko. Onekoâs eldest son Dr Ongonga Achieng said preparations for the fete had been finalised and the event will be at their home in Uyoma, Rarieda this Saturday. He said clan elders have laid out an elaborate traditional ceremony complete with the special rites reserved for an individual of his status. Oneko passed on in June 2007 aged 87.
Next Story »
- ICC convicts Congolese Katanga of war crimes
- Ukraine Crisis: Obama urges Putin to seek diplomatic solution in dramatic late night phone call
- Man sets ablaze his estranged wife at her workplace
- Malaysian couple to hang for starving Indonesian maid
- Court annuls JSC decision to sack Shollei
- South Africa graft watchdog to release Zuma report March 19