By Cyrus Ombati
Police said they collected the body of an unidentified man from a bridge along Bunyala Road near Baricho Road, which is believed to have been swept downstream.
Another victim drowned in Lungalunga area in Mukuru slums as he tried to cross a flooded area before police were called to pick up the body.
Efforts to identify them are ongoing, police said.
Nairobi Area police boss Moses Ombati said several areas including South C, Mathare slums area C and Villa Franca estate in Imara Daima are marooned.
However, the number of displaced persons in most slums is still unknown he said, adding they expected that.
"The rains have been heavy since Wednesday night until Thursday and police have been receiving numerous calls for help. Even Kenya Redcross has been helping a lot and we are yet to examine the damages," he said.
Areas around Nyayo Stadium roundabout and Lusaka road were heavily affected as well as Westlands roundabout along Waiyaki Way, Langata, Road, Kiambu Road, Mombasa Road, Jogoo and Outering Road.
Motorist using the Kimende - Limuru road along the Naivasha highway have been cautioned to drive safely due to fog in the region as poor visibility was reported in Nyeri, Iten, Kericho, Eldoret and Nanyuki towns because of the rains.
Next Story »
- Shebesh formally withdraws case against Kidero
- Low fat diets do not prevent heart disease, top scientist warns
- Kenya Airways to fly to Abuja from June 3
- Family flees home as hundreds of deadly SPIDERS swarm out of bananas
- Is this the real Hulk? Meet man with 29 inch BICEPS.
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details