By Standard Reporter
Country director Justus Nyangaya said St Anne’s Musoli High School from Western Kenya was barred from performing before the President because of the theme of the play.
He said AI had sponsored the play and the school emerged number one in the category at the just concluded Music Festivals in Nyeri and were invited to perform at State House Friday.
But the school management was informed on Thursday they could not perform because some officials at State House were not happy with the theme.
“I will write to the President. What is wrong with them performing on the theme? The exclusion is an abuse of their rights,” said Nyang’aya.
The school travelled back to Kakamega and efforts to get a comment from the management were futile. State House too did not comment.
- Stage fright aside, Kandie is a consummate professional
- Brave police officers who should be garlanded
- Human cost of medical negligence is unacceptable
- Kimaiyo should mind his acts and remarks on force reforms
- Sh20m plant a relief for soya farmers, traders
- Airport construction to help export livestock products