By RENSON MNYAMWEZI
Wundanyi Senior Resident Magistrate Mr Kennedy Orenge convicted Stephen Mwasi Makanga on his own plea of guilt.
He also faced an alternative charge of indecent assault against the complainant.
Chief Inspector Sammy Ombogo told the court that the complainant was at her house with her husband when the accused came home half naked. Inspector Ombogo told the court that the complainant asked the accused what he wanted.
“The accused held the complainant’s hand and attempted to rape her. He pulled the complainant towards her bedroom and the grandfather called for help through his mobile phone,” the court heard. The public rescued the woman.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry