By Antony Gitonga
According to area councillor Simon Wanyoike, the granny was living alone when the incident occurred.
Wanyoike said that a neighbour found the suspect in the act and alerted villagers who cornered the teenager seriously beating him.
“The herds-boy is well known in the area and he took advantage of the absence of relatives to abuse the granny,” he said.
He added that the suspect who was bleeding profusely was saved by the police from the mob that wanted to lynch him.
Confirming the incident, Naivasha OCPD Ernest Oponyo said that the suspect was in police custody.
“We have arrested the suspect and he will arraigned in court anytime to face various charges,” he said.
The incident comes barely a month after a 24yrs-old suspect was nabbed in Kinangop Nyandarua County after raping two grannies aged over 85 years.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry