By Peter Ndoria
Fidel Castro Odinga, is set to tie the knot in an invites-only event to be held this coming Saturday. The scion to Kenya’s Prime Minister Raila Odinga who is seen as quite popular and mingles freely with members of the public, will be exchanging nuptials with Lwam Getachew Bekele, an Ethiopian to be followed by a reception party at 6pm at a private club in Loresho, in the presence of their parents.
There had been rumours that the socialite was planning to marry his Ethiopian girlfriend for a while now, after a year and half relationship with her.
For Fidel this will be his second marriage commitment after they parted ways his first fiancée Veronica Wanjiru Ng’ang’a, after a rather public ceremony that attracted the who’s-who in society, on claims that they had irreconcilable differences. Some had cynically seen the union at the time as a convenient arrangement since the lady came from the central region and there was an impending election.
Fortunately for the lovebirds, who have been together even at public outings together, this time the buzz is subdued. We wish them the best as they embark on life next journey, together.
- AAR and hospital ‘treated me harshly’ in my hour of need
- New technology could end Kenya’s historic land woes
- Which way for the civil society in today’s Kenya?
- Achebe does not need any foreign decorations, more so in his death
- Africa supports President Uhuru on Hague
- Why women, youths and Church should drive truth team’s agenda