|Rwandese fugitive Felicien Kabuga in an undated photo|
By Cyrus Ombati
Peter Rakwach, an ex-millitary doctor passed away at MP Shah Hospital in Nairobi where he was admitted on Friday.
Family members who did not want to be quoted said Dr Rakwach developed complications on Friday, a day before a local television station aired an investigative piece on the Rwandese fugitive with a Sh400 million bounty on his head.
The family members who gathered outside the hospital after they received news of the death said Rakwach looked health before he was taken ill on Friday.
Rakwach’s death adds to the list of many who have been linked to Kabuga but have passed away in mysterious circumstances.
Last week, the TV station aired the piece on Kabuga who is wanted by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) for his alleged role in the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
At least 800,000 people were killed in the genocide and Kabuga is alleged to be one of those behind the atrocities committed at the time.
There has been allegations that Kenya is habouring the fugitive but the State has denied the claims on several occasions.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry