R&B-rock Singer Tina Turner weds at 73Updated Wednesday, July 17th 2013 at 09:37 GMT +3
|R&B-rock icon Tina Turner Photo: Courtesy|
Singer Tina Turner is a married woman after quietly exchanging vows with her long-term partner in Switzerland, according to local reports.
The 73-year-old R&B-rock icon, who became a Swiss citizen in April, wed German record executive Erwin Bach, 57, in a discreet civil ceremony on the banks of Lake Zurich in Kusnacht “a few days ago,” municipal official Hannes Friess said.
The newlyweds will celebrate the union in a Buddhist ceremony at their estate in Kusnacht on Sunday, and reports suggest 120 guests will attend the festivities.
Before her relationship with Bach began in the mid-1980s, Turner was married to her musical partner Ike Turner for 14 years. The pair divorced in 1978, and Ike Turner’s alleged abuse of his wife was chronicled in the singer’s 1993 biopic, What’s Love Got to Do with It.
News of Turner’s wedding plans spread in early April amid reports suggesting she and Bach had become engaged, but a representative for the singer refused to comment.
— World Entertainment News Network
Next Story »
Top Music videos
- Sis P-Tabasamu Updated Saturday, March, 08 2014 at 00:00
- Elani - Milele Updated Tuesday, March, 04 2014 at 00:00
- Viola Karuri ft Collins Majale aka Collo - Milele Updated Saturday, March, 01 2014 at 00:00
- ERIC WAINAINA-SELINA Updated Thursday, February, 27 2014 at 00:00
Find us on Social media
- Guide on how to make a woman happy
- Agony as wife and mpango wa kando denounce a cheating man
- Did university students have to kill friend for spilling beer?
- Agony of dating and marrying overly possessive men
- When rich men becomes a woman's only ambition in life
- Fake accent lands Ugandan music star in trouble
- Of choosy fathers-in-law who reject their daughters' choices
- Granny busts county assembly staffer over child upkeep