Who We Are
We are a Multimedia House operating under the name The Standard Group Limited with presence in Publishing of The Standard , Saturday Standard, Sunday Standard and The County Weekly. The Standard group has recently ventured into Outdoor Advertising with national footprint.
The Standard Group is acknowledged and respected as the leading multi-media house in Kenya with a growing influence on matters of national and international interest; the group also runs a division responsible for the distribution of international magazines and periodicals operating under the trade name publishers distribution Services (PDS). Some of the leading magazines in the world that are being distributed under this division are; Harvard Business Review, National Geographic, Readers Digest US ,UK, Homes and Gardens, Cosmopolitant US and UK, Opera , Vogue,Mens Health, VQ amongst many other publications.
The Management Structure
- The group is headed by a Board of Directors.
- The Board currently consists of 7 Directors, 4 of whom are independent Directors and 3 executive directors;
- The Directors have the appropriate mix of expertise required to effectively run the business. Furthermore, the Directors have been drawn from different sectors of the economy.
- The directors are supported by 5 assistant directors who are in-charge of their various Divisions;
- The Group has an in-house Legal Counsel and Company Secretary.
Why The Standard Group
• The Standard Group Limited is the only multi media house in Kenya, with it’s key competence derived from strong talent development and innovation in delivering communication to both it’s consumers and customers.
• The Standard Group endeavors to continue leading in the media industry, through delivering world class products and services to its consumers (viewers, listeners and readers a like ) in addition to our advertisers.
• Our mission is to inform, entertain and educate by reporting, publishing and broadcasting relevant and timely content through our talented and professional staff across all our multi media platforms.
• The Standard Group owns and runs multi-media platforms which include KTN TV, The Standard Newspaper, County weekly, Radio Maisha, Think Outdoor Media, Standard online and PDS, that features top notch international magazines.