No libel or other abuseYou must not make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality, privacy and contemptPlease respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court, which is an extremely serious matter.
No advertising, solicitation or investigationsYou must not use our Site for:
- the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose;
- any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message;
- an investigation e.g. tracing the whereabouts of any person.
No impersonation and proper disclosureYou must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). You must not pretend that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
Follow us on Social Media
- Kiambu plan approvals to take 30 days or less
- New methods of selling real estate in the 21st Century
- Buying unregistered land is risky
- Decorate for Christmas like the Obamas
- Kisumu, Meru, Eldoret reap big from Nairobi’s mall oversupply
- Vipingo golf estate scores a first in Africa
- The Great Rift Valley Lodge wins nature protection award
- INTERVIEW: ‘Nairobi needs help to rise’
- Green building: Too much talk backed by little action
- This is why Nairobi hawkers flee from city county askaris
- Residents of northern Kenya are not citizens of a lesser god Billow Kerrow An attack by bandits on Puspusion village along Turkana-Baringo counties border earlier in the month left 14 villagers, including children dead.
- Miguna’s personal demons come out to haunt him Makau Mutua Methinks that the three are so pathological in his psyche that they have become an irreducible core of his identity. Perhaps only the insightful Dr Sigmund Freud could have understood him.
- Stop insults and negotiate with striking health workers in Kenya Barrack Muluka The ongoing doctors’ strike and its impact is the price society pays for mismanaging a highly sensitive sector. It is a factor of an insensitive National Government usurping devolved functions and funds without intending to give back anything, except cosmetic tokens and official mirage.
- Gears shift on highway to 2017 Kipkoech Tanui The 2017 election that seemed far to the euphoric Jubilee team after the controversial 2013 Supreme Court ruling is just around the corner.
- Kenya has betrayed South Sudanese Alexander Chagema Military violence against civilians, one of the main triggers of the 1983 to 1985 Ethiopian famine in which more than 400,000 lives were lost, is being replicated in South Sudan.