No libel or other abuseYou must not make or encourage comments which are:
- defamatory, false or misleading;
- insulting, threatening or abusive;
- obscene or of a sexual nature;
- offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality, privacy and contemptPlease respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, you must not upload the telephone number, email address or any other contact details of any person.
You should not write anything which could prejudice pending or on-going court proceedings of which you are aware. For example, if you have any personal knowledge about someone who has been arrested or charged or being prosecuted for an offence, you must not mention it. If you do, you could be in contempt of court, which is an extremely serious matter.
No advertising, solicitation or investigationsYou must not use our Site for:
- the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose;
- any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message;
- an investigation e.g. tracing the whereabouts of any person.
No impersonation and proper disclosureYou must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). You must not pretend that you are unconnected to a story or topic, when in fact you are. If you have a personal connection to a story or topic, you should disclose your connection or, where appropriate, not comment at all.
Follow us on Social Media
- The Obamas’ retirement home
- Starehe Girls Centre scoops top environmental award
- How to manage a city: Lessons from Dubai
- Why university students hold key to success in green building
- Show your intention to buy property with a letter of offer
- Wheels to curb collapse of buildings
- Expanding retail space attracts global brands
- The expedition into magical Turkana
- The changing face of homeowners
- Prune your garden right
- We thrive on lies and scare stories every election yearKamotho WaiganjoTo anyone who doubts the potency of the post-reason and post-fact political world, where politics, like football, demands absolute unquestioning devotion to your team whatever its defects, I have three words for you, Donald J Trump.
- Obama leaves office after a dignified tour of dutyBarrack MulukaObama and Michelle can now sit on the balcony in the evening and watch the sun set over a cup of tea, without the burden of worrying on behalf of their country and the world at large
- Jubilee experiment has failed KenyansAlexander Chagema For far too long, we have been treated to maxims that add no value to the lives of ordinary Kenyans battling diseases, drought, illiteracy, famine, corruption, social inequalities, collapsed Government systems, job losses, insecurity, extra-judicial executions, State intimidation and Executive intolerance.
- 10 reasons Kenya deserves to be ranked as a developed economyXn IrakiThe World Bank classifies countries in groups based on their gross national income (GNI) per capita.
- Duale already proved he’s unfit to hold public officeMakau MutuaI’ve written about Majority Leader Aden Duale before. It’s not a secret that I hold a particularly low opinion of the Garissa Town MP.