Latest and breaking news
A giant has fallen out of our midst and gone silent. It is our fate to bear the pain of seeing Gerald Otieno Kajwang’ depart.
Let us start off with the annoyance of two Muslim friends of Deputy President William Ruto and Inspector General of Police David Kimaiyo.
Students in public and private universities may have to pay more fees next year to help finance the sector regulator’s quality assurance programmes.
Automation of land registries will be completed in six months, Lands Cabinet Secretary Charity Ngilu has said.
Tens of prison officers have been deployed in major streets in urban centres to help police enforce the law.
Just pause for a moment and think about the implications of a country with no laws. No rules. No guidelines. No social boundaries. No moral compass.
Thousands of Kisumu residents Thursday turned up to receive the body of the late Homa Bay Senator Otieno Kajwang' at the lakeside city even as opposition leaders made fiery speeches critical of the Jubilee Government.
An international organisation of Catholic health professionals dedicated to the care of mothers and babies has approved the controversial tetanus vaccine.
The American city of Ferguson in Missouri is on fire following the acquittal of a white policeman who shot and killed an unarmed black teen, allegedly because he was wielding what looked like a gun and failed to put up his hands when ordered to.
Business came to a standstill in Kisumu as residents and leaders joined the late Homa Bay Senator Otieno Kajwang's family in bidding him farewell.
The Government and the private sector have jointly developed a programme to build ICT capacity in the public service to improve efficiency and service delivery.
The Standard Group has launched the second edition of the “Jicheki na 100 Thao Kila Siku” aimed at rewarding faithful customers.
The High Court in Malindi has suspended construction of the Sh2 trillion Lamu port, throwing into doubt President Uhuru Kenyatta's scheduled ground breaking on Tuesday next week.
The country may sink into more debt after the Government's proposal to increase its external borrowing limit by an additional Sh1.3 trillion was approved by a key House committee.
An Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) official has said Kenyans should build trust in electoral systems.
Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua and his estranged wife Josephine Thitu Maundu are entangled in a dispute over custody of their three children who are currently residing in Australia.
You might now be able to drive a wholly Kenyan-made car, made specifically for our roads, if the efforts of a local company are anything to by.
Coca-Cola Company has announced a partnership to form its largest soft drinks bottling company in Africa, serving “high growth” countries on the continent.
Kenya's pension industry posted a decline in performance this year. Returns on schemes declined as the sector continued to experience volatility over the last seven years.
The High Court has dismissed an application in which Acorn Group was seeking to have its frozen accounts opened.
Follow us on Social Media
- Amazing teacher goes back into the classroom - aged 101
- Pictures: Tears and sorrow as body of Otieno Kajwang arrives in Kisumu
- Leadership training and adventure that can only be found on the slopes of Mount Kenya
- Twin brothers defy odds to become fathers on the same day, same hospital and by same midwife
- Divorce lawyer accused of raping female client while she was unconscious
- Teenager tried to steal woman's bag only to discover she was a policewoman
- When intelligence officers expose secret operations
- Missing boy frustrates family
- 'Dr' gets people to chew mukombero at a fee
- Senator Otieno Kajwang emotional send off in pictures
- How to beat terrorists in their game Kipkoech Tanui Let us start off with the annoyance of two Muslim friends of Deputy President William Ruto and Inspector General of Police David Kimaiyo.
- America in black and white: Here's simple, naked truth Peter Kimani The American city of Ferguson in Missouri is on fire following the acquittal of a white policeman who shot and killed an unarmed black teen, allegedly because he was wielding what looked like a gun and failed to put up his hands when ordered to.
- Plan to rethink injunction rules timely Pravin Bowry The legal system in Kenya has its foundation structured on the English common law and doctrines of equity.
- We still have a chance to clean up our flawed electoral system Anyang' Nyong'o As we mourn Senator Gerald Otieno Kajwang’ we shall always remember his rallying call in the struggle for the Second Liberation: bado mapambano, or a Luta Continua.
- It's utterly primitive to strip women naked for alleged indecent dressing Makau Mutua Real men don’t attack women. Only cowards and misogynists do. I am beyond disgust. Then barbaric Kenyan men who’ve been stripping women naked make me sick.