Latest and breaking news
Neymar and Lionel Messi maintained their lethal partnership with a goal apiece as Barcelona swept aside Ajax 3-1 in Champions League Group F on Tuesday.
Chelsea crushed Maribor 6-0 in a predictably one-sided Champions League Group G match at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday that saw Jose Mourinho's side stretch their unbeaten run from the start of the season to 12 matches.
WILL ARSENAL FIRE? Gunners injuries offer hope to Anderlecht in tonight's Champions League encounter
Liverpool will expect their noisy fans to recreate the special Anfield atmosphere that has helped them become kings of Europe five times when they take on Champions League winners Real Madrid tonight.
After years of suffering in silence, the plight of victims of crime in Kenya has at last been addressed as envisaged in Article 50(9) of the Constitution. The President assented to the Victims Protection Act on September 14, 2014.
Champions Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) will be seeking to add another silverware to their cabinet this weekend when they take on Lunch Bar Quins in the final of the 2014 Airtel Impala Floodlit tournament final.
Kenya’s rugby players do not use banned food products, Kenya Rugby Union (KRU) has said. KRU Chairman Mwangi Muthee said in a statement the Anti-Doping Task Force report, led by Prof Moni Wekesa Committee, “aims at filling everyone with consternation.”
A showdown looms between the Senate and county assemblies over oversight on county governments.
Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (CORD) leader Raila Odinga will today give a statement on his mission abroad.
Parliament has been asked to expedite the amendment of the law to extend the term of the Judges and Magistrates Vetting Board (JMVB).
The Government has rejected a request for registration by the separatist Mombasa Republican Council (MRC), prompting its leaders to appeal to the Attorney General.
‘CHAIRMAN’S’ DREAM: Kiplang’at in bid to end Kenya’s 10-year 5,000m gold medal wait at the World Championships
Isaiah Kiplang'at Koech is keen to break Kenya's 10-year 5,000m gold medal drought at the 15th IAAF World Championships that runs at the iconic Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing's Olympic Park, in China, next year (August 22-30).
All is set for the 6th All Africa Conference on Animal Agriculture which opens in Nairobi next week.
Olympic 800m champion and world record holder David Rudisha has only this week to confirm availability or miss a major global award in Bangkok.
Former Ethics and Governance Permanent Secretary John Githongo did not consult former Internal Security Minister Chris Murungaru before publishing his book that is critical of him, the court heard.
AFC IN HOT SOUP: FKF promises tough action, AFC blame referee for inciting fans as Sofapaka terms it barbaric
AFC Leopards could face severe action following the chaos that erupted during the GOtv Shield semi-final match at City Stadium on Monday even as the club blamed centre referee Davies Omweno for the aborted match against Sofapaka.
AFC Leopards to play in empty stadia, fined Sh500,000 and will meet cost of medication for injured fans and match officials, orders FK
AFC Leopards will play their remaining matches this season behind closed doors as Football Kenya Federation (FKF) moved in to crack the whip over the violence that erupted on Monday during their GOtv Shield match against Sofapaka at City Stadium.
Opposition leaders in the National Assembly have now turned on Speaker Justin Muturi for suspending rules of the House in what appears to be a direct result of last week's scolding at State House.
Verona have been fined and ordered to close part of their stadium for their next home match after fans allegedly directed monkey chants at AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari on Sunday, an accusation the club has denied.
The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examinations kicked off smoothly in various parts of Nakuru, Baringo and Samburu counties with examination papers arriving on time.
The police officer who was injured by bandits on Lomelo Kapedo road in Turkana East sub-county has been airlifted to Nairobi for specialised treatment.
Follow us on Social Media
- Police changaa operation turns tragic after officer breaks leg
- Barren woman gets miracle baby after doctors superglue embryo in her womb
- 5 reasons why you should consider online dating after a divorce or tough break up
- Superglue baby: Woman has miracle baby after docs superglue embryo in womb
- Remorseful bank robber hands himself to the police and returns the stolen money
- Scientists prove men have weaker immune systems than women
- How to achieve a comfy toddler’s room
- Naivasha welcomes its first gated estate
- Simple and affordable ways to upgrade your home
- Luxury rental market slows down in Nairobi
- A new era for victims of crime in Kenya Pravin Bowry After years of suffering in silence, the plight of victims of crime in Kenya has at last been addressed as envisaged in Article 50(9) of the Constitution. The President assented to the Victims Protection Act on September 14, 2014.
- Pursuit for judicial independence appears like supremacy war Billow Kerrow Amid rising concern of acrimonious relationship between the Senate and the courts, the President reiterated to the Judiciary this week that they should respect the constitutional mandate of the other branches of government.
- Rush to get Ebola cure is because it has struck at the heart of America Makau Mutua In the mind of the West, the “centre” of global civilisation, Africa remains the Dark Continent. It conjures up images of a place writhing in pain.
- Prof Mazrui embodied the best in our intellectual development Anyang' Nyong'o It is often said a prophet is not appreciated in his own home. For quite a long time this was true of Prof Ali Mazrui. Though a Kenyan, and the first to become a professor of political science in the then prestigious Makerere University, he rarely gave lectures in his own country.
- Why Uhuru's simplicity could be misleading Kipkoech Tanui There is something nice common to leadership, in particular the Presidency, and our brothers and sisters.