Latest and breaking news
Holders Real Madrid chased away some of their early-season blues when Gareth Bale scored the pick of the goals in a 5-1 rout of FC Basel in their Champions League Group B opener on Tuesday.
Borussia Dortmund comfortably beat Arsenal 2-0 to launch their Champions League Group D campaign with a dominant performance that saw them overwhelm their error-prone opponents on Tuesday.
Kenya finished 11th overall at the IRB Women's Sevens World Series qualifiers in Hong Kong after beating Mexico 55-0 to post their solitary win of the competition. They had earlier lost their
Between January and September this year, three girls aged between six and 12 have been killed under unclear circumstances in Kakamega, with two of the bodies being found dumped at the same site.
Deputy President William Ruto has expressed concern at the high number of students who drop out of school in the arid and semi-arid areas of Kenya.
Can Gor Mahia reclaim their top position in the Kenyan Premier League (KPL)? This will be the big question when the club hosts Ulinzi Stars at City Stadium today.
Kenyan Premier League (KPL) side Tusker have taken issue with Gor Mahia fans for allegedly gaining free entry into the stadium during their match on Sunday at Kasarani.
Kenya have been drawn in Pool B for the season-opening Gold Coast Sevens taking place at the Cbus Super Stadium in Gold Coast, Australia on October 11-12.
Even as students prepare for exams, it is not always easy to read all your notes and remember everything. That is why it is important to narrow down the topics that are likely to be tested.
The State has shut 11 illegal cooking gas refilling plants in Nairobi as it moves to clamp down on unlawful Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) business.
The stage is set for deployment of the long-awaited Safaricom’s new M-Pesa system, raising stakes in the ongoing battle between the mobile phone service provider and a slew of new entrants in the mobile money transfer business led by Equity Bank.
During my recent tour of Nairobi City’s maternity facilities in support of the Beyond Zero campaign aimed at preventing mothers from dying while giving life, I bumped into a colleague, a senior midwife, who I will call Nasimiyu for ease of reference.
Social media sites enable people all over the world to connect socially, interact, share and discuss information about each other and their lives. With time, however, online networking has evolved and people have became more creative.
A vicious battle that could wrestle management of schools and 280,000 tutors from the teachers' employer is raging even as unions threaten to call a strike over allowances and pay.
Deputy President William Ruto has been challenged to put his house in order following Monday’s public confrontation between his party’s Aden Duale and Isaac Ruto.
President Uhuru Kenyatta has called for concerted efforts in the fight against Ebola.
The Kenya Meteorological Department (KMD) has been accused of neglecting the agriculture sector.
Criminal Investigations Director Ndegwa Muhoro now says the Government is investigating Islamic religious schools known as madrassas and not mosques.
Editorial Cartoon 17.09.2014
An international health organisation has called on the African Union (AU) to develop a strategic plan to tackle the Ebola epidemic.
Follow us on Social Media
- House team pokes holes in wanting education system
- Predicting exam questions
- Row between TSC and ministry rages on
- Security guard gets Sh191,000 for unlawful termination of services
- Students to protest over Helb loans
- CS Wakhungu: Efforts to save Mau Forest complicated
- American man accused of cooking ex-girlfriend's dog and feeding it to her
- School counselling falters as teachers decry 'double work'
- Why pupils and dignitaries flock to Nyeri every February
- Bilingual teacher
- Make no mistake, Uhuru case at ICC is not political football Makau Mutua You can take this to the bank because it’s indisputable – you’ve never, and won’t ever – hear the sound of one hand clapping. That’s because it’s a technical impossibility. One hand simply can’t clap – alone.
- State must stem brutal killings by police Kethi D Kilonzo On August 9, 2014, Micheal Brown, a black 18 year-old described as a “gentle giant”, was shot several times and killed by a white policeman in Ferguson, a suburb near St Louis, Missouri in the US.
- Outfoxing your rival wiser than hurling shoes at him Ababu Namwamba In the mid-1920s, the powerful warlords of Ethiopia were coming to the realisation that a young man of the nobility named Haile Selassie, also known as Ras Tafari, was outcompeting them all and nearing the point where he could proclaim himself their leader, unifying the country for the first time in decades.
- HIV and Aids does not discriminate, people do Clay Muganda Kenya is full of liars, but numbers do not lie. And according to numbers, Kenya has lost the plot, against the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, Aids.
- We are indebted to Kenya’s great achievers and thinkers of our time Anyang' Nyong'o Some time I look back at Kenya’s history and just marvel at some of the great achievers we have had who we neither recognise nor celebrate.