A toothbrush found in a bag containing ammunition has the DNA of the sole suspect in the terrorist attack on a nightclub in Mombasa, an FBI detective told a court Monday.
Deputy President William Ruto’s has released the official quotations of the charter planes that had offered to fly him to three nations in West and Central Africa to prove he took the cheapest option of Sh18.5 million and saved taxpayers’ money.
Nduku Musau and a workmate took notice of the smartly dressed lawyer, always in a blue or black suit with an office in Atlas House on Moi Avenue, across the road from what used to be the US embassy.
On this day, 10 years ago, the Judiciary was under intense scrutiny following calls by citizens, the civil service and parliamentarians for its ‘radical surgery’, but was itself calling for a similar spotlight to be put on corruption among lawyers.
Seventeen human rights activists arrested last week during demonstrations at Parliament Buildings have been charged with taking part in a riot, breach of peace and cruelty to animals.
- Uganda police shut down Monitor Publications
- Justice Ang’awa challenges her removal
- Encounter with MRC top brass
- One call that netted wanted terrorist
- Small entrepreneurs see gains in the new law
- House committees leaders elected
- Uhuru's order that saved Ruto Cabinet nominee
- Police vetting to start in June
- North Korea fires sixth missile in three days
- How terror suspect battled to his death
- School dormitory razed down by fire
It is now about one year since the mysterious death of a British national in the hands of police in Diani, Kwale County.
Cabinet secretaries who would have been rejected by Parliament benefitted from a decision by Mt Kenya MPs to accommodate Deputy President William Ruto’s wishes in order to make Uhuru Kenyatta’s government work.
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) is stepping up efforts to respond to the growing business needs.
KCB0.00 last 41.00
Co-operative Bank+0.05 last 17.00
KPLC+0.15 last 17.15
Athi River Mining+1.00 last 70.00
North Korea fired two short-range missiles on Monday, making six launches in three days, and it condemned South Korea for criticizing what it said were its legitimate military drills.
Host Thika United and Mathare United drew 1-1 in yesterday’s Kenyan Premier League (KPL) match.
Kenya’s agricultural system is amongst the most developed in Africa. Directly or indirectly – agriculture accounts for about half of all economic activity.
- Only State should tackle insecurity, not mobs, vigilantes
- Decisive action must be taken to stem insecurity
- Learn from JAB’s failures by addressing its challenges
- MPs should be paid by performance ranking
- Cabinet Secretaries must sustain spirit of new law
- Here comes the Cabinet, and being new it has chance to effect change
The 200-bed facility in Mauritius is seeking Kenyan nursing professionals to join its multicultural team
It is a little past six in the evening and a handful of patrons gather at a popular pub at the heart of Kisumu’s Central Business District.
Anyone who has gone through the Kenyan education system in the last three decades must have come across the name Malkiat Singh.
My death was, unfortunately, very highly exaggerated. As a matter of fact, no such thing happened, and I thought those calling me to find out what had happened were confused by some new calendar, since April Fools’ Day had long come and gone.
- Our varsities should be held accountable for State support
- Focusing on MPs salaries may leave us a penny wise, but pound foolish
- Are Kenyan voters like pigs?
- Nothing like a common rival to keep political friends together
- Public input in picking CDF boards good idea but not ripe yet
- An appreciation of my friend Mutula, a man of quick wit, disarming charm
It has been recently reported in the media that Deputy President William Ruto has hired himself a sh 100 million jet at tax payers expense at a time when over 60 per cent of the population is living under one dollar per day.
- What proponents of gay marriage should know?
- Why ICC cases against Uhuru, Ruto should not be terminated
- Why government-sponsored university students are disadvantaged
- CJ Mutunga opens to Raila, other critics
- Why Ex-PM ‘back-Door’ admission to 11th Parliament is suicidal
- CJ Mutunga’s reaction on criticism eroding his credibility
A 29-year-old Bulawayo woman from Matshobana suburb got the shock of her life when she woke up in the morning and realised her private parts were missing, it is alleged.
When your wife comes home late in the night happy, relaxed and tipsy from a chama (women’s investment club) meeting, she just might have spent a few blissful hours in another man’s arms, writes LINDA KEYA