Details of how President Uhuru Kenyatta won over his deputy William Ruto against former Prime Minister Raila Odinga in the run-up to the March 4 elections can now be revealed
The recently released Truth Justice and Reconciliation Commission (TJRC) report has content that has largely been ignored as Kenyans concentrate on names of those mentioned.
It is Friday evening at Nairobi’s Café Habibi. A group of ladies has occupied one table.
Details of how President Uhuru Kenyatta won over his deputy William Ruto against former Prime Minister Raila Odinga in the run-up to the March 4 elections.
Hundreds of Kenyans on Saturday turned out for the annual Mater Heart run concurrently held in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kakamega counties.
- China, India battle for Kenya’s rising business fortunes
- Storm in ODM as ‘Young Turks’ take party Old Guard head on
- Mathare United claw AFC Leopards
- Kimemia: Governors superior to county chiefs
- Why Tanzania stands tall above Kenya and other peers
- Five people killed in Mandera
- President Uhuru woos Brazil at AU meeting
- 19 street children taken back to their homes
- Mudavadi wants Governors to oversee security
- AU leaders mark 50th anniversary
- President Uhuru roots for youth empowerment
President Uhuru Kenyatta joined other regional leaders for the 48th?Session of the Inter-Governmental Agency for Development (IGAD).?
Governors have placed new demands for 11 new support and domestic staff, whose monthly pay nearly clocks Sh1.5 million.
The scene of the recent protest and the exhibitions of live pigs by civil society activists outside Parliament building against the demands by the recently elected members of Parliament for increased pay had almost an Orwellian feel to it
Barclays0.00 last 17.90
Equity Bank+0.50 last 35.50
KCB0.00 last 42.00
Kenya Airways+0.05 last 11.35
Uganda's president has made a major change in the army, removing the chief of the armed forces to the interior ministry and replacing him with a general in charge of land forces.
Arjen Robben scored a dramatic late winner as Bayern Munich beat fellow German side Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final at Wembley.
When civil society activists stormed the gates of Parliament with pigs recently to protest the attempt by MPs to reject their pay as set out by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, we thought they had got the message that Kenyans are outraged by their greed and their unrelenting quest to raid the taxpayer’s purse
As the number of funeral homes and hospital mortuaries in the country increase, so has been the demand for experts in the field.
- Psychotherapy is the new frontier in weight management
- Why authorities should tread carefully on the uptake of vaccine
- Tribunal finds doctor guilty of patient’s death
- ‘Trendy’ Shisha becoming a glue for many new city smokers
- Record turn out in this year’s Heart Run
- Book traces Africa’s journey from Europe to China
It is a little past six in the evening and a handful of patrons gather at a popular pub at the heart of Kisumu’s Central Business District.
Famous pacifist Mahatma Gandhi didn’t like to spill any when he was alive so it is quite ironic a sample of his blood was put up for sale in a recent auction.
- Cecilia Mwangi gets new pet dog Bobby II, after death of Bobby I
- Politician thrown out of girlfriend’s house
- Watch out for the ‘catfishes’ on social media
- Furious villagers warn campus chicken thieves of juju attack
- Freemasons recruitment scam exposed
- Top clergy, Gor chair, Njonjo among Freemason members
Starehe Boys Centre founder Geoffrey Griffin used to tell his students to execute any task given them to perfection.
- Alas, the dynamic duo’s first 100 days will be hirlwind of joyride!
- How political repression can destroy thriving democratic political culture
- Our varsities should be held accountable for State support
- Focusing on MPs salaries may leave us a penny wise, but pound foolish
- Are Kenyan voters like pigs?
- Nothing like a common rival to keep political friends together
Many Kenyans didn’t have an idea about laptops until the Jubilee Coalition launched their manifesto on February 3, 2013, as this was something out of their reach.
- Why luxury Jet for Ruto and no food for the hungry
- What proponents of gay marriage should know?
- Why ICC cases against Uhuru, Ruto should not be terminated
- Why government-sponsored university students are disadvantaged
- CJ Mutunga opens to Raila, other critics
- Why Ex-PM ‘back-Door’ admission to 11th Parliament is suicidal
Desperate Nairobians out to do everything to join this exclusive fraternity, are now falling into the hands of conmen, who at a fee are promising membership.