By Joylene Sing'oei
The exercise that started as early as 6am on Saturday morning left several houses demolished. The early morning incident also left scores of Kibarani slum dwellers injured after they repulsed a demolition squad sent to bring down their houses.
The people hired to carry the demolitions were accompanied by police officers who prevented the locals from disrupting the exercise. It is believed demolitions were done to pave way for a private developer.
A Changamwe aspirant Peterson Michau who visited the scene condemned the incident saying the residents were not served with a notice.
"The residents were not served with a court order concerning the demolitions. They should therefore be compensated", said Mr Michau.
- Stage fright aside, Kandie is a consummate professional
- Brave police officers who should be garlanded
- Human cost of medical negligence is unacceptable
- Kimaiyo should mind his acts and remarks on force reforms
- Sh20m plant a relief for soya farmers, traders
- Airport construction to help export livestock products