By BEN AHENDA
The annual Great Rift -10-Aside Rugby championships has clinched a sponsorship deal of Sh10 million from Menengai Oil Refineries Ltd and a further Sh6.6 million from The Standard Group.
The sponsorship from the Menengai Oil Refineries runs for the next four years, which has resulted in the club acquiring a new name.
For the next four years, the team would be known as Menengai Oil Nakuru RFC and the tournament has been baptised as Menengai Oil Great Rift Ten A side Championships.
Others who have co-sponsored the three-day competition running from April 6-8 are Coca Cola, Homeboyz, and Shear Force Security.
The cheque of Sh10 million was presented to Nakuru RFC chairman Ali Saleh Aljabri by Menengai Oil Refineries Managing Director Onkar Rai in the presence of vice-chairman Andrew Musangi, secretary Harry Mwangi and Public Relations Manager, Mindo Kirori. Aljabri welcomed the donation and said it would assist in putting infrastructure at Nakuru Athletic Club, the backyard of Nakuru RFC.
Next Story »
- Man United 1-0 Shakhtar: Moyes confused by EPL woes after UEFA progression
- Why Mututho might soon ‘invade’ house parties
- Gotv Cecafa: Harambee Stars sail through to Cecafa Challenge Cup final
- New born dies as nurses' strike enters day two
- Where did these faces go?
- Turkana Women Rep escapes robbery attack