Kirinyaga OCPD Patrick Oduma has been moved to Central division in Nairobi in a mini reshuffle announced by Inspector General of Police David Kimaiyo.Read More »
Here are the profiles of the Cabinet Secretary Nominees named by President Uhuru and his Deputy William Ruto on Thursday.Read More »
The Ministry of Education has banned the writing of scripts by people who are not students or teachers, the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry, George Godia has said.Read More »
Nurses have broken ranks with doctors regarding President Uhuru Kenyatta’s appointee for Cabinet Secretary for Health saying the choice of a career banker to head the Ministry is the right move.Read More »
Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly and Sotik Member of Parliament Dr Joyce Laboso has lost her mother.Read More »
Liberia President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf today morning made a stop at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), Nairobi on her way to Ethiopia for the Africa Union Summit.
A major collision looms between the two Houses of Parliament over jurisdiction.
Kenya's economy is expected to grow by about 6 percent in 2013, up from a growth rate of 4.6 percent last year, Devolution and Planning Cabinet Secretary Anne Waiguru said on Thursday.
KCB0.00 last 41.00
Co-operative Bank+0.05 last 17.00
KPLC+0.15 last 17.15
Athi River Mining+1.00 last 70.00
Renowned Nigerian author Chinua Achebe, who died in March, is due to be buried in his home town in Anambra state.
Kenyan teams to the 14th IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia, will miss two world-beating female athletes.
Kenya’s agricultural system is amongst the most developed in Africa. Directly or indirectly – agriculture accounts for about half of all economic activity.
- Only State should tackle insecurity, not mobs, vigilantes
- Decisive action must be taken to stem insecurity
- Learn from JAB’s failures by addressing its challenges
- MPs should be paid by performance ranking
- Cabinet Secretaries must sustain spirit of new law
- Here comes the Cabinet, and being new it has chance to effect change
Venezuela's National Assembly has backed plans to import 39 million rolls of toilet paper, in an effort to relieve a chronic shortage.
It is a little past six in the evening and a handful of patrons gather at a popular pub at the heart of Kisumu’s Central Business District.
Kuxi Ghai is a stunning beauty. She schooled in London, stays alone and is single. Then there is Mary Ingabire — a sassy university student, who loves to write about love and boys on her Facebook page.
My death was, unfortunately, very highly exaggerated. As a matter of fact, no such thing happened, and I thought those calling me to find out what had happened were confused by some new calendar, since April Fools’ Day had long come and gone.
- Our varsities should be held accountable for State support
- Focusing on MPs salaries may leave us a penny wise, but pound foolish
- Are Kenyan voters like pigs?
- Nothing like a common rival to keep political friends together
- Public input in picking CDF boards good idea but not ripe yet
- An appreciation of my friend Mutula, a man of quick wit, disarming charm
It has been recently reported in the media that Deputy President William Ruto has hired himself a sh 100 million jet at tax payers expense at a time when over 60 per cent of the population is living under one dollar per day.
- What proponents of gay marriage should know?
- Why ICC cases against Uhuru, Ruto should not be terminated
- Why government-sponsored university students are disadvantaged
- CJ Mutunga opens to Raila, other critics
- Why Ex-PM ‘back-Door’ admission to 11th Parliament is suicidal
- CJ Mutunga’s reaction on criticism eroding his credibility
While the celebrated literary giant died on 21st march, he is yet to be buried. Here is the reason why.