By Wilfred Ayaga
Nairobi, Kenya: A woman related to Nairobi Senator Gidion Mbuvi ‘Sonko’ appeared in a court facing pornography-related charges.
The senator is among four people listed as prosecution witnesses in the case in which Peris Ngina is charged with being part of a cartel that lured another of Sonko’s relatives to pose nude for pictures that would be sold. The relative is a minor.
The woman, who denied the charges before Nairobi Senior Principal Magistrate Helena Nderitu, was accused of being one of the masterminds of a cartel involved in the production and distribution of indecent material in the country and abroad.
The accused informed the court through her lawyer, Geofrey Wasonga, that she had been subjected to intimidation by the senator and Nairobi women representative, Rachel Shebesh into admitting the accusations levelled against her.
“My client informed me that she was slapped by honourable Rachel Shebesh. This intimidation took place in the presence of the police,” the lawyer told the court.
Next Story »
- Kenya’s Mitsumi strikes deal with US video conferencing firm
- Energy experts head to Nairobi for major oil, gas conference
- Home Afrika reports 25pc decline in profit
- House charged as Treasury set to release Budget estimates
- Principal Secretaries publicise economic blueprint
- MP’s bodyguard robbed of his gun in a Nairobi estate