By Wilfred Ayaga
Nairobi, Kenya: A woman related to Nairobi Senator Gidion Mbuvi ‘Sonko’ appeared in a court facing pornography-related charges.
The senator is among four people listed as prosecution witnesses in the case in which Peris Ngina is charged with being part of a cartel that lured another of Sonko’s relatives to pose nude for pictures that would be sold. The relative is a minor.
The woman, who denied the charges before Nairobi Senior Principal Magistrate Helena Nderitu, was accused of being one of the masterminds of a cartel involved in the production and distribution of indecent material in the country and abroad.
The accused informed the court through her lawyer, Geofrey Wasonga, that she had been subjected to intimidation by the senator and Nairobi women representative, Rachel Shebesh into admitting the accusations levelled against her.
“My client informed me that she was slapped by honourable Rachel Shebesh. This intimidation took place in the presence of the police,” the lawyer told the court.
Next Story »
- Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls
- Search for missing Malaysian jet in focused underwater area to be completed in 5-7 days
- Baby dies after being left in car for ten hours in sweltering heat
- SpaceX launches Dragon capsule to ISS
- Family horror after boy aged seven is set on fire by friends
- US state moves to repeal 223-year-old law that criminalised adultery