Own flag, logo
“The county logo, number plate and the flag should be designed in line with the physical features and the county’s surrounding environment namely fish, lake, agriculture and animals,” said Ms Omondi.
The report indicated there was need to create cultural centres such as Bomas of Kenya and also organise cultural festivals every year.
Marketing of the cultural activities and increased budget allocation was also among the proposals that will preserve the rich culture of Kisumu County.
The report put on spot wife inheritance, recommending that campaign and capacity building on retrogressive cultures be intensified.
The committee also saw the need to develop a heroes corner in memory of the county leaders and also coming up with a Luo website on culture.
Next Story »
- TENNIS: Federer, Nadal, advance at Indian Wells
- Rugby: Simbas roar but coach Parwaater warns charges not to celebrate yet
- Police arrest 88 in major swoop on drunk driving
- School awards KCSE top performers with goats
- Yes, Uhuru pay cut is populist, but CORD should shut up
- Governors, deputies’ silent war intensifies