By Cyrus Ombati
The bus was speeding when its breaks failed before it rammed into other vehicles and a crowd at about 5.30 pm on Thursday.
There were fears the death toll could rise because of the nature of injuries those rushed to hospital sustained, police and witnesses said.
Police said dozens of people were rushed to hospital with multiple injuries.
The area is usually crowded during rush hours.
According to Nairobi Area Deputy Traffic Commandant Leonard Katana, the bus carrying passengers from the city centre.
Next Story »
- Hull City 0 -3 Arsenal: Arsenal tighten their grip on fourth place with comfortable victory over Hull City
- Norwich 2-3 Liverpool: Liverpool edge Norwich to close on title
- Uhuru called to seeks divine intervention to terror, claims Owuor
- NASA to send identical twin to space while studying his remaining brother
- Militants kill 11 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Uhuru heads to Qatar for a 3-day visit