By Cyrus Ombati
The bus was speeding when its breaks failed before it rammed into other vehicles and a crowd at about 5.30 pm on Thursday.
There were fears the death toll could rise because of the nature of injuries those rushed to hospital sustained, police and witnesses said.
Police said dozens of people were rushed to hospital with multiple injuries.
The area is usually crowded during rush hours.
According to Nairobi Area Deputy Traffic Commandant Leonard Katana, the bus carrying passengers from the city centre.
Next Story »
- Kenya’s Mitsumi strikes deal with US video conferencing firm
- Energy experts head to Nairobi for major oil, gas conference
- Home Afrika reports 25pc decline in profit
- House charged as Treasury set to release Budget estimates
- Principal Secretaries publicise economic blueprint
- MP’s bodyguard robbed of his gun in a Nairobi estate