Your are here  » Home   » Western

Nineteen to be charged with Busia, Bungoma attacks

Updated Monday, May 6th 2013 at 17:42 GMT +3

By Cyrus Ombati

Nairobi, Kenya: Nineteen people will be charged with the killings and injuries that were caused to villagers in Bungoma and Busia counties.

A security meeting chaired by Deputy President William Ruto was told that a total of 228 people were arrested and questioned over the killings.

Police were also pursuing some politicians who could have been behind the unprovoked spate of robberies and killings.

The Deputy President told the security team to do everything within their powers to apprehend anyone who is involved in crime.

Those who attended the meeting included Internal Security Permanent Secretary Mutea Iringo, Deputy Inspector General of Police Grace Kaindi and Samuel Arachi, Deputy Director Criminal Investigations Gideon Kimilu.

A special Crime Prevention Unit had been sent to Coastal region to profile activities and deal with the Mombasa Republic Council.

The meeting was told that the ongoing security operation in Garissa was successful with aliens returned to refugee camps while others relocated back to their countries.

The Kenyan Government was also in talks with the Tanzanian Government over the raid by suspected nationals from the neighbouring country, which left six people dead.

Next Story »

 
Related Videos

Find KTN on Social Media

Google+

Find The Standard on Social Media

Google+

Most Commented News

Popular on Facebook

KEGN 15.65 0.05
KENO 9.10 -0.15
SCOM 10.20 -0.15
COOP 18.05 -0.05
HFCK 31.00 -0.75
KQ 13.60 -0.15
BAT 571.00 -11.00
CARB 50.00 1.00
BBK 17.80 0.05
EVRD 2.75 0.00
EGAD 27.00 -0.25
MSC 3.40 0.00
Watch KTN Live Listen to Radio Maisha Live