By PAUL MUTUA
Former Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka broke down and wept in public after news of the death of Mutula Kilonzo.
Kalonzo who was attending a burial of Mrs Grace Syokwaa Kavali in Tseikuru location, Mwingi North constituency in Kitui County was overcome by grief and cried uncontrollably.
MPs Joe Mutambu (Mwingi Central), Francis Nyenze (Kitui West) and Patrick Makau (Mavoko) supported and comforted him as a section of the mourners joined in sobbing.
The former VP had stood to address the mourners when he said he had just received the shocking news of the demise of the Makueni Senator.
“I have just received the news of the sudden death of my friend as I sat here. It is very devastating moment. I have just talked to the widow who confirmed the sad news. It really……ouch my God……..,”said Kalonzo before he broke down.
The mourners in turn wailed loudly when the former VP announced the death news.
Mwingi North MP John Munuve condoled with Mutula family and urged for calm as the circumstances to his death are investigated. He warned against speculation before investigations were complete.
Next Story »
- Peter Munya election as Meru Governor nullified
- Mrs Ruto: Put an end early marriages
- Saudi listing of Brotherhood as terrorist group complicates Gulf ties
- Scientists prove Rich Tea biscuits are the best for dunking
- Blind artisan finds his niche in shoe polishing
- Duale, Nyamweya differ over competence of PAC chairman