|Judy Wakhungu, Cabinet Secretary nominee for the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.|
By DANIEL PSIRMOI
Bungoma County residents have welcomed the nomination of Prof Judy Wakhungu to the Cabinet, terming the move a great honour to her community and women.
There were celebrations in Prof Wakhungu’s Butonge village in Sirisia constituency as excited villagers thronged there in jubilation once the news of her nomination broke.
Wakhungu was unveiled by President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto as Cabinet Secretary nominee for the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources yesterday.
Immediately after the announcement was made, her home was a beehive of activity as villagers congratulated her mother, Grace Wakhungu.
Mrs Wakhungu, a widow, had a hectic time controlling her visitors who struggled to shake her hand.
Some villagers described Prof Wakhungu as a humble and God fearing person who deserved the position she has been nominated to.
Next Story »
- Court issues order stopping planned university staff strike
- Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o hints at Stamford Bridge stay
- Five suspected thugs shot dead in Mombasa
- Standard One laptops tender cancelled
- Priest walks in the footsteps of Mother Teresa by building peace
- Transfer Rumours: Gunners boss coy on Robin van Persie return to Arsenal